Kofax Kapow 9.4
To get the most from this class, trainees should…
- Have some coding experience (recommended but not absolutely necessary).
- Have experience in writing regular expressions
- Have read the “Kapow Software Training Preparation” document and visited and reviewed material listed on the referenced websites that contained unfamiliar content.
Illustrated lecture and discussion, demonstrations and hands-on lab exercises. Knowledge retention and ability to look up what is not recalled will be measured by a 50-question certification examination.
At the conclusion of training, attendees will be able to
- Describe typical solutions Kofax Kapow software provides including:
- Use cases
- As a component of a Kofax solution
- Define and explain the application of a “synthetic API.”
- Describe and comprehend the software’s basic components and architecture including:
- “Management Console”
- Running on Tomcat server
- Using LDAP support
- “Design Studio”
- Device Automation Agent
- Download, install, license and configure Kofax Kapowin a standalone configuration. Also be able to describe how to do the same in a live company network environment.
- Access and use online help and other releated product documentation
- Use Design Studio to configure and add attributes to simple and complex data “Types”, create and test Robots (both simple and more complex ones with branching), set up database mapping and create and store “Snippets.”
- Create robots to import data from web sites and pages.
- Create robots to import data from existing databases
- Describe Robot “States.”
- Set up data “Converters” using patterns and regular expressions
- Configure “Steps” and identify valid and invalid Steps. Set up “Tagfinders.” Identify and correct errors
- Manage database tables
- Use the Management Console to manage clusters, branch Robot runs, access API, REST and SOAP-based services and create Kapplets
- Use “Kappzone” to run Kapplets
- Install and configure the Device Automation Agent
- Create and run robots that contain Device Automation Steps
- Pass a certification exam with a score of 85% or higher.
Module 1 - Introduction and Class Overview
Module 2 - Kofax Kapow Product Overview
Module 3 - Installing Kofax Kapow
Module 4 - Prerequisite Knowledge
Module 5 - Before You Start - Building Your First Robot
Module 6 - Patterns
Module 7 - Basic Loops
Module 8 - Input Variables/More Loops
Module 9 - Development Database/Management Console
Module 10 - Advanced Repeat/Next Loops
Module 11 - Working with Excel
Module 12 - RESTful Web Services
Module 13 - Calling a Web Service
Module 14 - Review
Module 15 - Testing and Certification