Kofax Mobile Capture Platform 2.0
This course provides technical product training for the Kofax Mobile Capture Platform consisting of the Kofax Mobile Software Developers Kit (SDK) version 2 and the Kofax mobile framework. This course is intended for experienced technical professionals who are participating in the design, implementation, support and operation of component-based document imaging and forms processing solutions utilizing Kofax Mobile Capture Platform for “point of origin” capture. Learning is accomplished through presentations, demonstrations, and hands-on student lab exercises.
Students will be able to install, configure, and build a mobile application using the Kofax Mobile SDK. Utilizing instruction and hands-on labs to develop practical working knowledge in the configuration and operation of this application and the development of branded mobile applications built on the Kofax Mobile Capture Platform providing mobile integration with real-time capture, content extraction and validation. In this class students will learn how to use the Kofax Mobile SDK to develop mobile apps leveraging the low-level controls of the Kofax Mobile frameworks to capture and perfect images and perform recognition and image processing for both iOS and Android-based mobile devices.
At Course Completion
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
• Describe the Kofax Mobile Capture Platform and list its components.
• Cite the features provided by the Kofax Mobile Capture Platform.
• Install and configure the Kofax Mobile Software Developers Kit (SDK) development environment.
• Use the features of the Kofax Mobile SDK to create a mobile application that includes image capture and cleanup.
• Be able to configure Kofax Capture, Kofax Front Office Server, and Kofax TotalAgility for integration with the Kofax Mobile Platform.
To maximize the learning experience, students should have the following:
• Access to an iOS or Android-based mobile device (phone, tablet or pad).
• Access to a machine running Kofax Capture v10 or higher is recommended.
• Access to a machine running Kofax Front Office Server v4 or higher is recommended.
• Access to a machine running Kofax TotalAgility v7 or higher is recommended.
• As a major component of this course is targeted to designers of mobile applications, programming experience is highly recommended.
• Student Guide (includes copies of instructor slides and student lab instructions)
• Resource Flash drive
• Course materials (in electronic format)
• Kofax Mobile SDK software
• Components of the development environment
• Online and self-paced: approximately twelve hours
Module 1 – Introduction to Class
• Duration and Schedule
• Structure and Methodology
• Module Overview
Module 2 – Kofax Mobile Capture Platform Overview
• The Kofax Mobile Capture Platform
• Components, features, and benefits
• Image Cleanup with Kofax VirtualReScan
• Recognition and extraction
• Kofax Mobile Software Developers Kit (SDK)
• Kofax Mobile Frameworks
Module 3 – Installing and Configuring the Development Environment
• Installing the Android development tools (Eclipse)
• Installing Java
• Installing the Kofax Mobile SDK
• Developer Resources
• LAB – Installing the development environment and Kofax Mobile SDK
Module 4 – Developing a Mobile App Using the Kofax Mobile SDK
• Planning the mobile application
• Creating a mobile application
• Adding the Mobile SDK camera to an application
• Displaying a Kofax VRS cleaned image
• Testing the mobile app
• LAB – Creating a mobile capture application
Module 5 – Adding Advanced Features
• Adding advanced features to the mobile app
• Configuring the Basic Settings Profile
• Configuring the Image Perfection Profile
• Changing colors of the camera control
• LAB – Adding advanced features to the mobile app and testing
Module 6 – Connecting to Kofax Front Office Server and Kofax TotalAgility
• Kofax Mobile Capture
• Establishing mobile connections to Kofax Front Office Server
• Integrating your mobile app with Kofax Front Office Server
• Establishing mobile connections to Kofax TotalAgility
• Integrating your mobile app with Kofax TotalAgility
• LAB – Installing Kofax Mobile Capture, connecting to KFS, capturing and processing images with Kofax Mobile Capture
Module 7 – RTTI, Frameworks and BankRight
• Real Time Transformation Interface (RTTI)
• Bill Pay framework
• Deposit Capture framework
• The BankRight application
Module 8 – Testing and Certification
• Certification requirements
• The Certification Exam
• Taking the exam
• Receiving your certificate
• CERTIFICATION EXAM